Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New Flap from Black Eagle Lodge #482


Black Eagle Lodge #482 John Watsek Memorial Flap


At last, some news from the home lodge. John Woughter contacted and filled me in on a few things.

The below is in reference of the above flap...

"It was given to each participant in the 2007 Spring Fellowship at Camp Freedom. About 100 ordeal candidates (myself included, as an adult) participated, with a similar number of Scouts and Scouters who were already OA members. I don't know if there were extras that were then sold.

Notice the embroidered JW just above the WWW ... that stands for John Watsek, who as I'm sure you know was Lodge Chief and killed in an accident in March, 2007. Notice also the misspelled LDDGE (2 D's) ... that error was noticed when the patches and OA handbooks were being handed out and I believe they all have the misspelling (I'd be curious if there were any that were spelled correctly ... they would likely be are.)"

As you may have noticed no classification has been issued to the patch yet. I have yet to determine if the lodge considers this a fellowship patch or a lodge issue.

John Woughter has also informed me that the new Chapter Wa-Sha-She, which replaced Nacha Chuppecat, put out their first chapter flap. Unfortunately, I do not have a picture to show everyone of the flap yet. John said he would try to get a scan of the flap and all other new issues he gets a hold of.

Thats all for now. Speaking of new discoveries. How about an "old" but "new" discovery. A couple months back on Ebay a couple of Flecha Roja neckerchiefs slides were put up on Ebay...but I will save that for another day.

No comments: